Could you be our new Deputy Headteacher?
Group 2 School ISR L6-10
REQUIRED FOR SEPTEMBER 2016
Due to the promotion of the previous postholder
Close to the City Centre just off Ecclesall Road, Porter Croft Church of England Primary Academy is at the heart of vibrant and supportive community and has a reputation for innovative practice and staff development. Rated as outstanding in all areas by Ofsted in March 2015, we are looking to appoint a forward thinking leader to support our new Headteacher in leading the next phase in our journey as a pioneering learning community where everyone matters.
We would like to appoint someone:
- With a proven track record of school improvement, ideally with a particular focus on Assessment
- Who is able to develop and strengthen the school’s Christian values
- With proven leadership skills and the ability to motivate and engage our staff and children
- Who is able to positively contribute to the improvement the school is committed to
- Who would enjoy working in a multi-cultural community
- Who is able to work with governors, other schools and the wider community
Governors want to appoint an outstanding teacher, who is dynamic, inspirational and an ambitious leader. The successful candidate will support, develop and strengthen the school’s values, be people centred and have a focus on maintaining high standards. This is a Church of England Voluntary Aided Primary School and the Christian faith is an essential part of our school. In a school with so many different cultures and faiths this is seen as an important part of who we are and what we stand for.
This is an exciting time for our school. The school has progressed from a Satisfactory OFSTED judgement in 2007 to Good only 2 years later in 2009 and then Outstanding last year in 2015. We are committed to staff development and have a track record of nurturing leaders.
We can offer you:
- A caring, warm and friendly school
- Enthusiastic, happy and confident children who are eager to learn
- A highly motivated staff team
- A strong, highly skilled and effective governing body
- Dedicated Leadership time towards fulfilling the role
Visits to the school are encouraged. For more information and to arrange a visit please contact the school on 0114 2662132 and view our website at www.portercroft.org.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced CRB check will be required.
To request an application pack, and for any queries about applications and the selection process contact Scott Glover at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 07766 773682. Please note that if you intend to provide a faith reference to support your application then the details of the referee should be entered in the box labeled “Additional Referee 3”.